07020 Forums  

Go Back   07020 Forums > Of Interest > Parrots

Parrots Our green feathered friends. parrots.07020.com

Old 10-25-2009, 09:43 AM

bburgis is on a distinguished road
Re: New York Times covers Edgewater

I guess you, just like Edgewater Borough Attorney Philip N. Boggia, don't understand the power of an OPRA form.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Valory has a generosity of spirit which has kept her working for Edgewater 24/7 for years. That is not deniable. Period.

Valory fights for what she believes. She isn't fighting to win a popularity contest or to position herself for a run at a state or county office. You might not like her, but you can't dismiss her work.
This is 100% correct. MQ aka Lauran is just slinging mud as usual. What has SHE ever fought for?
Old 10-25-2009, 10:19 AM

mquizical is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bburgis View Post
I guess you, just like Edgewater Borough Attorney Philip N. Boggia, don't understand the power of an OPRA form.
I guess not. I don't like the thought that a private citizen's email would be available to anyone who requested it. I guess any privacy is relinquished by writing to a Councilmember. Hmmmm.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:18 PM

Lauran, I don't want to confuse you with the law, but if Holtje was dumb enough to include another person at Borough Hall in the email, I guess she only has herself to blame.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:06 PM

Valory Bardinas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mquizical View Post
I guess not. I don't like the thought that a private citizen's email would be available to anyone who requested it. I guess any privacy is relinquished by writing to a Councilmember. Hmmmm.

I don't care what you like. Please, save your prayers for your friends they are going to need them where they are headed.
Maybe I'll start posting my e-mails. Hmmm, we'll see.....
Old 10-25-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valory Bardinas View Post
I don't care what you like. Please, save your prayers for your friends they are going to need them where they are headed.
Maybe I'll start posting my e-mails. Hmmm, we'll see.....
Well I know you ain't got none from me.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:18 PM

alionhudson is on a distinguished road

This is all very interesting, especially since I never sent an e-mail to Maureen at her Borough Hall e-mail address--only to her personal e-mail.

The issue Robbio/Burgis is referring to when she mentions OPRA is an entirely different situation--when Valory obtained Maureen's e-mails from Borough Hall. We all saw them; they were posted on this board, and there was no mention of Valory...just personal info about a lawsuit I filed with against a neighbor at Hudson Harbour. In fact, I asked Mike to remove Valory's post, and he was kind enough to do that.

I recall when Valory approached me at Borough Hall the night Maureen was sworn in and yelled, "Nice f-----g" e-mails. I had no idea what she was talking about back then, and I still don't to this day.

Valory, if "nasty" is disagreeing with you on some subjects, I qualify. As for you reading my private mail, enough said.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:03 PM

Valory Bardinas is on a distinguished road

Your right Alison I did say " I got your e-mails" to which Mike explained what I was talking about.
I Never, ever cursed to you Alison, that's a lie, Mike was sitting right next to you. Typical though just proves my point about you.
My e-mails come from Discovery in a law suit, and there are several from you to your dino friends, about me, my family, my friends.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valory Bardinas View Post
My e-mails come from Discovery in a law suit, and there are several from you to your dino friends, about me, my family, my friends.
What kind of lawsuit is it that would demand a private person's emails?
Old 10-29-2009, 07:30 AM

KllrDave is on a distinguished road

WOW. And you people wonder why the rest of us don't want to get more involved in the cesspool that is local Edgewater politics?

He||, after reading the childish back and forth in this thread once it was hijacked I don't even want to be on the same message board as you people.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:48 AM

jerseyangel is on a distinguished road

basically. town meetings play out like a preschool recess.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KllrDave View Post
WOW. And you people wonder why the rest of us don't want to get more involved in the cesspool that is local Edgewater politics?

He||, after reading the childish back and forth in this thread once it was hijacked I don't even want to be on the same message board as you people.
KllrDave, I respect your opinion and right to participate (or not) but please don't be so quick to judge. I know that several people on this board are bewildred by the ire and animosity in posts about Independence Harbor, and for those who aren't living there, the fix seems pretty easy and straight forward. As the saying goes (more or less) unless you've walked in someone's shoes, you can't really know what is going on. I can assure you that Edgewater politics is a contact sport, and as someone who has personally been harassed, had their property vandalized numerous times, been screamed at, insulted, sued, threatened, and beat up, and tormented by Borough Attorney Philip N. Boggia just days away from giving birth. you really can't judge until you've seen a council meeting in action. That's why I tell all to go to just ONE meeting. Just ONE! That is all it takes and I can assure you that you will understand how corrupt -and utterly devastating for residents' well being- the current administration is.
Again, don't judge, but don't condemn either unless you've seen it with your own two eyes. Please.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:12 AM

sirbalance is on a distinguished road

We see it with our own two eyes right here. The nastyness scares people. There is no excuse to treat people like that and the ones who stop are the ones who look like grownups. People even attack there own friends on this board. Why join in?

Sue the guy who beat you up. Women should never be hit especially when pregnent. Life is sacred.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyangel View Post
basically. town meetings play out like a preschool recess.
And so do many conversations on this board, unfortunately.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:40 AM

kate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mquizical View Post
And so do many conversations on this board, unfortunately.
In print without actual participation and a really short memory, you may be right, but if all the people who post anonymously and insult people actually showed up and participated, those, that do work hard for their community wouldn't be on here to "let off steam". There would be no need to.

I have to admit the thread regarding IH, seemed pretty ridiculous to me also, but I figure nobody knows a situation unless they actually live through it, and most times subtext is lost in print or people have a prejudgment of the writer so their opinion about the writer's post is tainted, so I withheld comment, I had no knowledge of the actual situation other than was presented here, which as a casual observer sounded nonsensical. I couldn't understand why everyone from IH was posting here, instead of actually taking action, but maybe you were all "letting off steam", like when you complained about the scheduling of a Halloween Party.

The Council Meetings are a joke, and unless you actually show up, you can believe anything you're told about them. I for one choose not to operate that way regarding anything in life, I'd rather see something for myself, otherwise I'd consider myself a chump. Of course, you can always view or listen the the tapes, but the opinion you form will then depend on which copy you get.

This is a small town. Politics used to be a lot more congenial before the stakes got so high. And since it's a small town you can pretty much pick up when people talk behind your back and try to undermine your efforts, all the while smiling to your face. People who don't participate and occasionally read this board who think they know the whole story, don't.

People who you supported in the past suddenly have favors granted to them and then they turn on you, whether they do it to your face or behind your back, the results are the same. Sometimes when they turn on you they attack your family and hurt your children in some way or another.They go as far as to exclude you from community activities you took great joy and satisfaction in participating. Because everything is political to those in charge. It's pretty ruthless business, but ruthless people do ruthless things. I have to add though, when they go after your child in order to undermine them or cause them harm, that's particularly evil.

I used to work down the Borough Hall, I was always reminded who to vote for in order to keep my job. I always thought, 'who would vote for someone, who held your job over your head constantly, either you're doing a good job or you're not, and as everybody knows once you get your job, you have to do something pretty egregious to lose it.' Newly elected people just can't come in and fire employees without just cause.

I think letting off steam here is a lot better than going after those who disagree with you politically or doing harm to their family members, don't you?

"If you wait until you can do everything for everybody, instead of something for somebody, you end up doing nothing for nobody"

Last edited by kate; 10-29-2009 at 10:58 AM..