07020 Forums  

Go Back   07020 Forums > Fort Lee > Fort Lee Discussion

Fort Lee Discussion Fort Lee, NJ forum. fortlee.07020.com

Old 06-18-2015, 05:47 PM

kdemarothy is on a distinguished road
Ft. Lee ent5rapment

I also was entrapped. The car in front of me went thru the blinking yellow light as the pedestrian (decoy police officer) steeped off the curb. I slowed down, he stopped and seem to indicate for me to go on, whichj I did. Of course I got pulled over.

After waiting about 15-20 min, police "Det. M. Miskovsitz" came over and brusquely asked me for driver license, etc., which I handed him. He then asked me if I had any moving violations within the last 5 years, to which I replied no. I asked him what was I stoped for and he replied "failure to yield to pedestrian in crosswalk". He then quickly returned to his vehicle. After handling a few other cars and sitting down writing summons, he returned to me . I then told him that what they were doing was entrapment and that my high regard and respect for the police was diminished by this incident.

He replied that he was going to give me a warning ticket and returned to his car. He came back with a $230 ticket for the offense and a $54.00 ticket for "improper display/unclear plates". My black on yellow license plates are readily visible and clear, front and back. I took pictures right away of them.

It is disturbing that this officer took offense at my comments and vindictively gave me these tickets. Makes you wonder how he would react in a more difficult crisis situation since, apparently, he gets so easily offended or angry, or both. I also wonder how many warning summons he gave and how many actual finable tickets he gave, and on what does he base his decisions on.
Maybe race, accent (I have one), sex or ones demeanor at being upset at being entrapped. Is this an example of justice being dispensed equally?
Old 06-19-2015, 03:32 PM

kate is on a distinguished road
Re: Ft. Lee ent5rapment

It is entrapment. Maybe its time for the governing body to do its job and speak to Ft. Lee. These stings operations take place while exiting Edgewater, whether it be Ft. Lee Rd. or Rte. 5, which targets Edgewater residents.

During Hurricane Sandy, Ft. Lee put up barricades on Ft. Lee hill, cordoning off Edgewater and putting us in a dangerously precarious situation, if there was need for emergency vehicles to leave or enter town.

Cliffside Park has stuck on stop sign on the top of Oxen Hill. The driver's manual of NJ clearly states; the vehicle traveling up the hill has the right of way. Trucks especially have difficulty stopping and those stuck behind are put in a dangerous position.

Its time for the Mayor and Council to start taking care of needs of the entire citizenry and not just a select few.

Let me just say a Little League field covered in cancer causing toxic substances, concerts at the Marina (albeit a good location for them), a dog run WITHOUT proper drainage (just a patch of land with a fence around it, can anyone say incubator for disease) and now Jazz in Shadyside are just DISTRACTIONS so the public is quelled to the fact that they have destroyed 27 acres that used to be our beautiful VETERAN'S PARK, and we are bonding out for 20 million and NO WORK IS BEING DONE.

If you think they can't build on Veteran's Park, think again. They'll break it up and swap it out for other swatches of tainted land all over town.

WAKE THE F>@K UP!

"If you wait until you can do everything for everybody, instead of something for somebody, you end up doing nothing for nobody"
Old 06-20-2015, 03:18 PM

kdemarothy is on a distinguished road

I suggest that all of us who have received tickets (even if ONLY a warning) appear at court and fight this perversion of the law. This is only a means of "revenue enhancement" by the towns who participate in this tactic. I am sure that most , at least 95% if not more, of those st0pped and ticketed are careful drivers who do yield to pedestrian, as I have often noted. The police, in conjunction with the town officials, are casting a sardine (us) net to catch tunas (the few bad drivers.)
Old 06-22-2015, 11:55 AM

jersey721 is on a distinguished road

As a victim of this entrapment, let me also add that this law, in my opinion, endangers pedestrians more than helps them. When I stopped one day to let some children cross, the oncoming traffic did not. When the kids saw that I was stopped, they just assumed it was safe for them to cross. I couldn't get my window open quick enough to scream for them to wait. Luck is the only thing that prevented them from getting hit.
Old 12-18-2015, 08:27 PM

Paisan is on a distinguished road

You guys are funny.

That is a state law. It's actually a good law.

Every town in NJ and many other states have these stings to generate revenue and to wake up the public about the law. Most towns have had blinking signs warning about the crosswalk ROW a few years back when they first passed it.

As for the OP who had "dirty or covered plates" if you have a dealer outline around the plate or a cover over it it's considered to be obstructed in NJ. So if you weren't breaking the law you would not get a summons. It sucks to get busted but when you are wrong, bit the bullet and pay the ticket...

-mike