07020 Forums  

Go Back   07020 Forums > Of Interest > Restaurants, Bars, Hotels, Caterers, etc.

Restaurants, Bars, Hotels, Caterers, etc. Where and what to eat and drink. restaurants.07020.com

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 10:54 AM

rivergazer is on a distinguished road
Re: Pier 116

All that head-banging, KD, has clearly left you brain damaged. Just because you read something in the news does not guarantee its truth. Why don't you simply let this go? You have always published your dislike for Edgewater, and now this restaurant, which you are intent on casting in a bad light any way you can. My suggestion: stay away from the restaurant and Edgewater, thus avoiding the need for additional head-banging.

Pier 115 is in a beautiful location. The food is very good. They need to work out a few kinks in their wait service, and sound system. Anything that someone claims to have occurred in a garage, or any hearsay fights you say happened, have nothing to do with a restaurant review, even though you would like these events to cast a negative light on the place.

The second time I went there for lunch on a Sunday, the place was crowded with families and children, younger singles, and was doing a healthy bar business. Reservations were required for the few outdoor tables on the river.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:39 PM

KllrDave is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivergazer View Post
All that head-banging, KD, has clearly left you brain damaged. Just because you read something in the news does not guarantee its truth. Why don't you simply let this go? You have always published your dislike for Edgewater, and now this restaurant, which you are intent on casting in a bad light any way you can. My suggestion: stay away from the restaurant and Edgewater, thus avoiding the need for additional head-banging.

Pier 115 is in a beautiful location. The food is very good. They need to work out a few kinks in their wait service, and sound system. Anything that someone claims to have occurred in a garage, or any hearsay fights you say happened, have nothing to do with a restaurant review, even though you would like these events to cast a negative light on the place.

The second time I went there for lunch on a Sunday, the place was crowded with families and children, younger singles, and was doing a healthy bar business. Reservations were required for the few outdoor tables on the river.
Maybe you should spend less time at 115 getting your drink on if you can't have a discussion without going all cray-cray and calling people names.

Look...you lost the debate, just slink away instead of resorting to insults. That's when it becomes obvious that you not only lost the argument but lack the intelligence to discuss things like an adult.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:29 AM

KD, I never slink away from anything. The major insults are coming from your end. I own my home in Edgewater, I LIKE IT here. I like my neighbors, and admire the people trying to make a business work despite destructive people like yourself. Keep your negative stuff to yourself - but of course, you won't. That is your long suit - negativity. I will continue to post on this site as I have for years.
Old 08-23-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivergazer View Post
KD, I never slink away from anything. The major insults are coming from your end. I own my home in Edgewater, I LIKE IT here. I like my neighbors, and admire the people trying to make a business work despite destructive people like yourself. Keep your negative stuff to yourself - but of course, you won't. That is your long suit - negativity. I will continue to post on this site as I have for years.
No, you just sling insults when you run out of relevant things to say.

Actually, slinking away would be more becoming.

Maybe being a bully has worked for you with others in the past, but I've always found the best response to a bully is standing up to them.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:44 PM

Bully, KD, that's an interesting and fashionable term to throw at someone when you've run out of real ideas.

You have tried to bully me about my opinions and observations. That you should throw that epithet at me is funny. I'm no longer interested in trying to engage you in any sort of logical exchange. You're off my list. Turn on the ignore button ...
Old 08-25-2013, 03:05 PM

kate is on a distinguished road

rivergazer is Vassar graduate, a retired medical professional, an active caring citizen and a person who has adopted two rescue pups. I doubt very much, no let me say I know RG was not "getting their drink on". That is an assumption anyone would find insulting.

"If you wait until you can do everything for everybody, instead of something for somebody, you end up doing nothing for nobody"
Old 08-26-2013, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate View Post
rivergazer is Vassar graduate, a retired medical professional, an active caring citizen and a person who has adopted two rescue pups. I doubt very much, no let me say I know RG was not "getting their drink on". That is an assumption anyone would find insulting.
I posted about my experience at 115 in a thread about reviews of said establishment.

In response, your college educated, animal rescuing, former medical professional and "active caring person" responded with venom, name calling and insults.

I gave her a taste of her own medicine and !!!SURPRISE!!! she didn't like it.

She is no different than the schoolyard bully I punched in the face 30-some years ago.

The PM replies I've received indicating that RG is a nasty piece of work merely confirms what I've been saying.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:23 AM

Okay Dave. Have a nice day

And, for the record there's a difference between rape and aggravated sexual assault, ASA being the charge that was reported in the article:

http://definitions.uslegal.com/a/agg...exual-assault/

http://definitions.uslegal.com/r/rape/

Both are unacceptable and due to the isolated location of this establishment they should take steps to procure their own security, as the Edgewater Police can't just guard their parking lot waiting for something to happen, they have an entire town to patrol.

"If you wait until you can do everything for everybody, instead of something for somebody, you end up doing nothing for nobody"
Old 08-29-2013, 09:26 AM

jersey721 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate View Post
But if you weren't actually there, how do you know for sure RG was not getting their drink on? Just sayin . . .
Old 08-29-2013, 04:03 PM

Neither was her accuser, just saying...

Old 08-29-2013, 08:39 PM

Mike is on a distinguished road

Any reason I shouldn't close this thread?
Office of the State Comptroller
PO Box 024
Trenton, NJ 08625
Att: Comptroller Tips
All communication will remain confidential!
Closed Thread