07020 Forums  

Go Back   07020 Forums > Of Interest > Restaurants, Bars, Hotels, Caterers, etc.

Restaurants, Bars, Hotels, Caterers, etc. Where and what to eat and drink. restaurants.07020.com

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 12:35 PM

rivergazer is on a distinguished road
Pier 116

I recently had the pleasure of lunching at this sophisticated new on-the-river restaurant. The food was outstanding (I had lobster roll, my friend had the crab cake), the wait staff attentive, the view gorgeous! We were not rushed, and very much enjoyed a leisurely meal, followed by a delicious cappuccino.

Looking forward to our next visit to this welcome addition to the Edgewater waterfront.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:58 AM

Re: Pier 116

OOps - the name of this restaurant is PIER 115 - sorry to be one digit off.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:34 AM

KllrDave is on a distinguished road

I will contrast that w/my experience.

We went on opening weekend and had a nice time.

We went back the following weekend on a Saturday at 5:10pm (they opened at 5:00). It was me, the Mrs and Jr.

The place was empty since it had just opened. We were told we needed a reservation. Instead we were given a seat outside. Another couple w a small child were given the same treatment as we were.

I don't know if they thought we'd all stay too long and tie up a table on a busy Saturday night, but as anyone who has dined out w small children can attest, we are on the clock from the moment we sit down. We may not be ordering many drinks, but that will probably be the quickest turn around on a table you will have all night.

Then the menu came. It had half the items on it as they did the week prior. Pretty much everything we had eaten last time and a bunch of the things we wanted to try this time were missing.

We left.

I have also heard of numerous fights at 115.

Most disturbing of all, there was apparently a very serious assault and rape of a woman who was leaving (?) 115. Apparently, an acquaintance of the victim attacked her in that brick garage-like structure on the north side.

Horrible.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:35 AM

Gee, Killr Dave, another in a line of negative experiences. Sorry to hear you were treated so badly.

If you weren't present at the fights you mentioned, or that rape, you are publishing hearsay garbage. Not acceptable in any court of law or to me personally. Its just GOSSIP!

I loved the place, and will return often.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivergazer View Post
Gee, Killr Dave, another in a line of negative experiences. Sorry to hear you were treated so badly.

If you weren't present at the fights you mentioned, or that rape, you are publishing hearsay garbage. Not acceptable in any court of law or to me personally. Its just GOSSIP!

Yeah...pretty obvious that I wasn't in attendance for the rape in question.

Guess that means nobody can talk about it in front of you.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:

BTW...if you're seeking out conversations held to the same standards as a court of law, internet message boards might not be the right place for you to look.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:03 AM

Mike is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the various reviews. They remind me of how out-of-date the site restaurant directory got.

Article on Pier 115 assault is here.
Office of the State Comptroller
PO Box 024
Trenton, NJ 08625
Att: Comptroller Tips
All communication will remain confidential!
Old 08-09-2013, 06:27 PM

Mike, thanks for posting information regarding the rape. I'd like to know what the rape has to do with reviewing Pier 115.

As for Killr D., didn't he say he hates it here, and is going to move? By all means, the sooner the better.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Mike, thanks for posting information regarding the rape. I'd like to know what the rape has to do with reviewing Pier 115.

As for Killr D., didn't he say he hates it here, and is going to move? By all means, the sooner the better.
Bars can bring not only the good, but the bad to communities. When alcohol is mixed with lax supervision, violence is often the result. This is one of the reasons why communities so closely regulate and limit licenses for establishments to serve alcohol.

Do you really think that it is irrelevant for a bar review to discuss the potential impact that this business is having at the community at large?

In ten years I don't ever recall hearing about such a heinous incident in this town. 115 has been open for about a month and there is this story, as well as reports of fights. Not only does that make for a dangerous situation, but it taxes the town's police resources.

And yes, I moved out of town, but I lived here for ten years and still have friends in the area so after all of that personal investment, you'll have to excuse me for not just ignoring the situation. (In fact, the reason I knew about this assault was bc a friend who lives in town told me about it and expressed how shocking it was to them; they've lived in Edgewater for even longer than I did and he couldn't recall such a horrible thing before either).
Old 08-14-2013, 07:01 AM

Susan Murphy KLAMM is on a distinguished road

I agree about the fights and the rape. Just like the Zimmerman case. If you didn't actually see what happened, you can't be certain of your opinion.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Murphy KLAMM View Post
I agree about the fights and the rape. Just like the Zimmerman case. If you didn't actually see what happened, you can't be certain of your opinion.
Not sure if I fully understand your point or your comparison to the Zimmerman case.

I don't need to see a woman be beaten up and raped to be certain that it is a bad thing.

I guess you could argue that since the accused knew his victim that it would have happened eventually somewhere...
Old 08-15-2013, 05:38 AM

You don't need to see it to know it is a bad act. Unless you saw it, you generally don't know for sure what happened, though. As someone said, "gossip" and innuendo.

With both the rape and the Zimmerman case, people heard that something happened and immediately jumped to a conclusion about exactly what that was.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Quote:
You don't need to see it to know it is a bad act. Unless you saw it, you generally don't know for sure what happened, though. As someone said, "gossip" and innuendo.

With both the rape and the Zimmerman case, people heard that something happened and immediately jumped to a conclusion about exactly what that was.
I think you are confusing facts with motive.

In the Zimmerman case, we know for a fact that a boy was killed. Everyone speculated about the motive and legal guilt of the accused.

In the incident in Edgewater, we know for a fact that a woman was attacked. That's really all that has been discussed in this thread; that the attack occurred and the location where it occurred.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:38 PM

I saw the word "rape" somewhere. My point is that it you weren't there, and there were not witnesses, you are working on hearsay. Not fair, not good, but true.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:00 PM

Quote:
I saw the word "rape" somewhere. My point is that it you weren't there, and there were not witnesses, you are working on hearsay. Not fair, not good, but true.
I'm working off of a crime reported in the news.
Closed Thread