07020 Forums  

Go Back   07020 Forums > Of Interest > Restaurants, Bars, Hotels, Caterers, etc.

Restaurants, Bars, Hotels, Caterers, etc. Where and what to eat and drink. restaurants.07020.com

Old 11-30-2011, 07:38 AM

Dani-X is on a distinguished road
Haifa Grill - My AWESOME dinner experience

I had to post a quick note about my awesome meal from Haifa Grill tonight...Haifa is that unassuming little Mediterranean restaurant near the corner or River Rd and Hilliard.

So, I was looking for something fresh (and preferably grilled) and thought of Haifa. I walk by there all the time with my son and the guys who run it are always so polite and friendly to us. I didn't have a menu and couldn't fund one online so i just "winged" our order with the guy over the phone: chicken kebob sandwich, chicken shish-tawook, and some hummus. Wow! We were thoroughly impressed.

The sandwich had such simple ingredients but it was so fresh and delicious. As for the shish-tawook - we had never heard of it before but saw another reviewer on Yelp recommend it...I understand why. It's a super fragrant marinated chicken that came served over rice with some salad and pickled cabbage. The chicken was spicy and came with some garlic paste and this killer spicy pepper and herb sauce.

If you haven't tried it - give it a shot. I found a blogger's post about it that gives some more detail on the owners and the food:
http://www.jerseybites.com/2011/07/h...-in-edgewater/
Old 12-07-2011, 12:17 PM

Mike is on a distinguished road
Re: Haifa Grill - My AWESOME dinner experience

Thanks, Dani. Flyer is attached.

If anyone has some time on his or her hands, I could use assistance updating the 07020 restaurant directory. PM me.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Haifa.pdf (912.5 KB, 129 views)
Office of the State Comptroller
PO Box 024
Trenton, NJ 08625
Att: Comptroller Tips
All communication will remain confidential!