07020 Forums  

Go Back   07020 Forums > Of Interest > Restaurants, Bars, Hotels, Caterers, etc.

Restaurants, Bars, Hotels, Caterers, etc. Where and what to eat and drink. restaurants.07020.com

Old 08-14-2013, 07:09 AM

Susan Murphy KLAMM is on a distinguished road
Two great establishments in Edgewater

Mint Dental is terrific. If you are looking for a dentist, you can't go wrong at this professional and pleasant practice.

Pier 115 is a real plus to the community. The waitstaff, especially Eddie, are fabulous. The kitchen is good, but a bit slow. Once they get more time under their belts, I hope this is corrected. So nice to be able to sit on the river and take advantage of our most valuable asset in Edgewater.

On the other hand, avoid the AT&T store at all costs. The staff is uninformed and proud of it. When they couldn't answer a very basic question about my phone, I called customer service, got the answer, and shared it. They told me they didn't need to know that because they didn't take care of it in the store, and told me I was rude for letting them know. When I asked for the customer service phone number, the fellow first told me it was the one on the site. I think the look on my face (dropped jaw) made him reconsider and he looked it up for me.

What is really sad is that these poor fellows must hate their jobs, and will never be able to move on to something better if they don't change their attitudes. It starts at the top. Training and hiring practices must be substandard. It is a disservice to the worker to allow such a low level of service to exist. How can they possibly take pride in their work?
Old 08-14-2013, 10:11 AM

Dani-X is on a distinguished road
Re: Two great establishments in Edgewater

Hi Susan,

What a bummer to hear that you had a bad experience at AT&T. I had such a great experience when I went there that I immediately posted it to Yelp. Maybe I was lucky because I had the store manager? Here's the link to my review: http://www.yelp.com/biz/at-and-t-edgewater-2

Glad you were able to get a resolution in the end.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:34 AM

Susan Murphy KLAMM is on a distinguished road
Re: Two great establishments in Edgewater

I'm glad to hear that you had a good experience. Obviously that manager wasn't on duty. It was really horrifying the way the two who were working that day behaved. The gal on the phone was wonderful and solved my problem immediately and then followed up.

To me, giving service is a spiritual act which enriches the person giving service as much, if not more, than the person receiving it. I have always had service jobs, starting (and returning at times) in retail sales and then going into serving the public in other ways and now as a trainer and coach. I am so grateful for what I learn every time I interact with someone, that it breaks my heart t
o run up against poorly trained and poorly hired people. How can they not hate their jobs when they view it as an imposition they have to endure to make some money? So sad.