07020 Forums  

Go Back   07020 Forums > Politics > Local Politics

Local Politics Keep it civil, please.

Old 06-23-2007, 11:16 AM

lauran is on a distinguished road
What happened to June Council meeting?

Is there a thread or did I just miss it?

Lauran...proud to be the daughter of Neda Rose
Old 06-23-2007, 11:54 AM

jim is on a distinguished road
Re: What happened to June Council meeting?

..or is it vacation time?
Old 06-23-2007, 01:04 PM
bossysooz

Does the town publish the minutes? You can probably get them from your Mom. Golly,Lauran, it is just so darn sweet that you are so devoted to our town!
Old 06-23-2007, 02:37 PM

bburgis is on a distinguished road

For those new members who may not know this, Lauran lives in South Carolina and is the daughter of local Democrat Councilwoman Neda Rose. Ms. Rose used to post in this forum in the past (please, do a search, it's great fiction she puts forth), but has since lost the courage of her so-called convictions and instead her daughter "participates" with attempts as saccharine concern about our community.

Regarding the Council reports, they are done at what I imagine is a great sacrifice by the creator and owner of this message board. The vast majority of us (cyber show of hands, please) are extremely grateful to Mike for his time and selfless dedication to disseminating information that affects us all.

If Lauran really wants to know what happened at the June 18th Council meeting, she could just ask her mother.

And now, readers, you will surely be treated to yet another litany of saccharine hypocrisy directed at me, that will be nothing but thinly veiled insults and inane accusations. Again, for those of you who are new, the reason why she does this is because I am YOUR elected Independent Councilwoman, and in direct contrast with her mother, I only answer to my constituents and not to the developers who line her pockets with special interest campaign contributions.

Lastly, Mike, thank you for all that you do, and even I too look forward to your next report, I sincerely hope that you are out enjoying this beautiful weekend.

PS: Next Council meeting is July 16th, at 7pm - 916 River Road. Come all who really care!!

Last edited by bburgis; 06-23-2007 at 02:45 PM..
Old 06-23-2007, 03:58 PM

Mike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauran View Post
Is there a thread or did I just miss it?
Patience. The report takes a non-trivial amount of time to compose. Did I forget to mention I'm not getting paid for it?

I used to try to have them by midnight of the following day, but missed starting with the June 4 meeting. Have other obligations that have priority.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:50 PM
bossysooz

Mike, This is an incredible service that you perform, and we all appreciate it a lot.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:09 PM

Passport Monique is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Patience. The report takes a non-trivial amount of time to compose. Did I forget to mention I'm not getting paid for it?

I used to try to have them by midnight of the following day, but missed starting with the June 4 meeting. Have other obligations that have priority.
Well Mike, I'm sure lots of folks appreciate it.
Are you a member of the council or a just concerned citizen ?
just wondering.

Do you drink a nice glass of wine while summerizing the report?
just a reference to your avatar!
Old 06-23-2007, 08:37 PM

sloesser is on a distinguished road

Mike, you do an amazing job on a totally vounteer basis by writing reports of the local circus, aka our town government meetings.

I think it's interesting that Lauran is so anxious to hear about this meeting. What could she be worried about? What has her mother told her? I agree with Susan: her devotion to Edgewater is sweet.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:38 PM

jim is on a distinguished road

True, true. Mike's da man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossysooz View Post
Mike, This is an incredible service that you perform, and we all appreciate it a lot.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:36 AM

Ordinances for Introduction

1367-2007 An Ord. of the Borough of Edgewater County of Berge, NJ Authorizing the Execution of a Service Agreement and a Supplemental Service Agreement Between the Borough of Edgewater and the Bergen County Utilities Authority

1368-2007 An Ord. of the Borough of Edgewater (“Edgewater”) In the County of Bergen, NJ Authorizing the Execution of a Purchase and Sale Agreement Among Edgewater, the Edgewater Municipal Utilities Authority (“EMUA”) and the Bergen County Utilities Authority (“BCUA”)

I was curious about the outcome/resolution of this agreement. A similar agreement is being discussed between the town and county near me.
I didn't mean to pressure you Mike. We all appreciate what you do. Even the considerable number of us who are interested in Edgewater but do not live there.

Old 06-24-2007, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossysooz View Post
Does the town publish the minutes? You can probably get them from your Mom. Golly,Lauran, it is just so darn sweet that you are so devoted to our town!
How many towns do you call home, bossy? I have at least four I consider "home".

Old 06-24-2007, 09:01 AM

((And now, readers, you will surely be treated to yet another litany of saccharine hypocrisy directed at me, that will be nothing but thinly veiled insults and inane accusations. Again, for those of you who are new, the reason why she does this is because I am YOUR elected Independent Councilwoman, and in direct contrast with her mother, I only answer to my constituents and not to the developers who line her pockets with special interest campaign contributions.))

Beatrice, believe it or not, you are not the center of my universe. My post had nothing to do with you, though I find it interesting that you seem to think it was directed at you. Is there a reason for that?

Old 06-24-2007, 10:02 AM
bossysooz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauran View Post
How many towns do you call home, bossy? I have at least four I consider "home".
Every place I've ever lived is home.

I spend a lot of time catching up on local news from my friends and relatives. I prefer 07020 for Edgewater news, but prefer a personal chat, rather than the local websites, for the news from St. Louis and the other places I have lived and loved.

I really miss the constant chat and viewpoints my mother, who was hilariously astute, used to give me about the goings on in Missouri.
Old 06-24-2007, 03:31 PM

Then I guess you understand my interest in Edgewater, Bossy.

Old 06-24-2007, 04:24 PM
bossysooz

Lauran, as I said, it is so sweet.

Which county is looking at the same kind of arrangement with the Utilities Board. I have a lot of friends not too far from you and want to give them a head's up.