07020 Forums  

Go Back   07020 Forums > Politics > Local Politics

Local Politics Keep it civil, please.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:15 AM

kate is on a distinguished road
Re: Edgewater - decades later & same cast of characters operating

Quote:
remember Kate
I remember. I was quoted in The Record asking, "who's going to monitor the monitors?". I got a lot of letters from people around the County who were going through the same schata in their towns. (That was back when Pete was the mailman and they just wrote my full name and the town on the envelope and no problem, Pete knew where to deliver it)

I asked the "panel of experts" that were present at that meeting at EVG if they would send their kids to EVG for the year that Alcoa was being taken doing if it was so damn safe. I said I'm sure the taxpayers wouldn't mind footing the tuition for their kids because it would be us all feel so much safer. They just stared at me like they wanted to strangle me. (I'm very familiar with that response) But they wouldn't submit their children to the same circumstances they were pretending was safe for us lowly Edgewater residents.

"If you wait until you can do everything for everybody, instead of something for somebody, you end up doing nothing for nobody"
Old 01-15-2013, 03:50 PM

ROAD RUNNER is on a distinguished road

What I find most compelling when reading these articles is the NJDEP comments as related to Alcoa. The contradictory statements made by NJDEP officials between 1991 and 1997, concerning the extent of contamination and the PCB toxic levels are extremely troubling and quite honestly dubious, to say the least.

It certainly would be prudent, in light of these historical articles and the upcoming remediation for all concerned citizens to petition authorities (NJ attorney general/governor’s office/FBI) and urge a full investigation or better contact the media.

Ironically the similarities between the Alcoa tale and the past three decades of the Quanta saga is remarkable. In particular and most astounding is the fact that, for 30+ years the owner of the Quanta property was unable to obtain EPA, NJDEP and or local approval to develop his site, supposedly due to the massive extent of the contamination field. Then suddenly and coincidently (well timed with the southern Edgewater construction boom) 3 decades later the EPA/NJDEP approves a remediation plan and INCREDIBLY the one and the same local contractor - developer of the Alcoa site purchases the property, then is hired by the polluter and approved by the EPA/NJDEP to remediate the site.

Even more IMPLAUSIBLE is, while blatantly ignoring the outcry of taxpayers, Borough officials simultaneously amended a decade old zoning law to accommodate the local developer’s grandiose overdevelopment plan.

Something appears to be very wrong in Edgewater. Luck, coincidence, I do not believe so, do you?
Old 01-16-2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate View Post
Of course no studies have been done, and because there's just too much pollution in Edgewater to pinpoint exactly which toxic waste dump may have caused your child's asthma or environmental diabetes or neurologically induced behavioral problems and on and on. You will never connect your son's future low sperm count and inability to provide you grandchildren the old-fashioned way, to PCBs on the playground. So, all these scumbags think they are off the hook. And that's why I choose to believe in karma, nobody gets out alive and sometimes the deeds of the fathers are visited on their progeny.
The only difference between regimes, such as the Syrian government that kill their citizens using guns and mortar fire and regimes that knowing POISON their citizens IS THE METHOD USED TO COMMIT THE CRIME.

The immediate, horrifying visuals and body count of the gun & mortar fire victims certainly appear far more horrendous and inhumane, however, in reality there is no difference. Knowing their situation, at least victims of violent tyranny may have an opportunity to protect themselves and their families, escape or even fight back. Whereas, people secretly poisoned by their government for decades, such as in Edgewater have no such options, because unknowingly their health and welfare was jeopardized by their government.

Based on historical articles, apparently for their self-serving greedy benefit, Edgewater officials lied, provided fictitious data and ultimately deceived their citizens in to a false sense of safety and possibly exposed them to deadly levels of PCB toxins for decades. So, just because there are no gruesome pictures and the body count is not readily known, the victim’s pain, suffering and possible death caused by the criminal and inhumane actions of these monsters is the same.

As poster Kate said, these government officials and their cronies are SCUMBAGS and in my opinion no better then any other persecutor, they may be even worse.

Crimes against humanity are inflicted in many forms and are not imposed exclusively by third world thugs!
Old 01-22-2013, 06:36 AM

Valory Bardinas is on a distinguished road

Sad, but true. I wonder if Edgewater's governing body members have sleepless nights.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valory Bardinas View Post
Sad, but true. I wonder if Edgewater's governing body members have sleepless nights.
Not likely, they are ALL self serving BUFFOONS and evidently do not care about their community, friends or for that matter their families. Clearly, these people have no scruples.
Old 01-22-2015, 06:13 PM

Beezer is on a distinguished road

Umm...is this related to yesterday
Old 01-24-2015, 06:09 PM

Valory Bardinas is on a distinguished road

Still wondering........
Old 01-24-2015, 06:36 PM

northjersey is an unknown quantity at this point

They sleep every night. It is all about the $. So long as Bryan and Fred are taking care of them, they could care less who is victimized.