07020 Forums  

Go Back   07020 Forums > Of Interest > Environmental issues > Veterans Field

Veterans Field Veterans Field contamination and remediation; litigation; and, entities involved

Old 07-02-2012, 08:36 PM

Mike is on a distinguished road
Veterans Field Update

I asked a couple of Edgehill board members, who only live across the street, if they had seen this. They hadn't. Please forward to anyone in the vicinity. There is information on the borough site at the link below.

June 26, 2012

Dear Neighbor,

We would like to advise you that the tentative start date for the remediation and restoration of Veterans Field is the week of Monday, July 9,2012. The work will commence on the five identified areas where soil is to be removed. Once this task is completed the contractor will move to the Little League field to begin that remediation and restoration. Air monitoring equipment will be installed throughout the facility; noise and dust is expected and we will make every effort to minimize this inconvenience. We recommend that you keep your windows closed during the normal work day of 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

The Community Center will remain open with modified traffic and parking. Please be cautious of the increased truck traffic as a result of the construction.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we look forward to the grand re-opening of Veterans Field in 2013.

For comprehensive information on the Veterans Field Project, please visit our website at http://www.edgewaternj.org/veteransfield.asp.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 062612VetFielduUpdate.pdf (38.1 KB, 199 views)
Office of the State Comptroller
PO Box 024
Trenton, NJ 08625
Att: Comptroller Tips
All communication will remain confidential!
Old 07-03-2012, 12:56 PM

The MailMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Veterans Field Update

more toxic dust flying around nobody cares lets ask teh chickster how he knew who would get teh contract he's been flapping his chicken lips about a year now on and off his perch about the developer he used to consult for?????????????????????????????
Old 07-14-2012, 10:40 PM

Valory Bardinas is on a distinguished road

Mail man you seem to have some very interesting information, perhaps it should be shared with the Attorney General's Office.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:16 AM

ROAD RUNNER is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valory Bardinas View Post
Mail man you seem to have some very interesting information, perhaps it should be shared with the Attorney General's Office.
Mailman if what you say is true you would be doing our community a great service by contacting the Attorney General's Office.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:03 AM

Valory Bardinas is on a distinguished road

The Attorney General's Office is well versed in the names and occupations of certain individuals in Edgewater, or should I say preoccupation. Give the AG a call.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:14 AM

Sky Warrior is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MailMan View Post
more toxic dust flying around nobody cares lets ask teh chickster how he knew who would get teh contract he's been flapping his chicken lips about a year now on and off his perch about the developer he used to consult for?????????????????????????????
The “Chickster/Druckster” (a/k/a the "Human Butt Plug"), like his mentor is nothing more than a bloviated blowhard and a barstool fixture. He is the perfect addition to Edgewater's "Team of Thugs" or a/k/a Edgewater's "Team of Drunks".

Birds of a feather really do flock together!
Old 07-17-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Warrior View Post
The “Chickster/Druckster” (a/k/a the "Human Butt Plug"), like his mentor is nothing more than a bloviated blowhard and a barstool fixture. He is the perfect addition to Edgewater's "Team of Thugs" or a/k/a Edgewater's "Team of Drunks".

Birds of a feather really do flock together!
LMAO!
Old 07-27-2012, 06:47 PM

Watcher is on a distinguished road

What a joke, they will never open Vets Field in the spring of 2013, Uncle Freddy will pull his guys out of there when he needs them elsewhere, the exact finsh date should have been a condition of the contract, mayor and council dropped the ball again, where is the clean fill coming from they allready dumped the Alcoa debris under River Rd. when they widened it and the dirty fill from his old house on Myrtle Ave. on the Mariner`s Tower site.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:53 PM

The MailMan is an unknown quantity at this point

tahts why theres a concerts and volleyball at teh marina so you get used to taht being r new park well never walk or play in teh ballfield again
Old 09-25-2012, 06:15 PM

Zaida D. is on a distinguished road

I was recently in Cliffside Park and I notice two dump trucks being loaded at the Cliffside Park Town Center development site with landfill which was located under the old Cliffside Park DPW garage and storage yard. Later, as I started to travel back to Edgewater I noticed the same dump trucks ahead of me. They travelled soen to Veterans Field and dumped their loads.
I remember when the engineering and environmental consulting firms were having their dog and pony shows, they stated the following:

1. All fill would be certified clean fill.
2. While the contaminated soil is dug up, men with protective suits would be hosing down the equipment to prevent any airborne contaminents.
3. The workers at the site would be wearing masks for protection.
4. While the contaminated piles of dirt are waiting to be removed, there would be a protective tarp covering them to prevent the spread of contamination.

As I stopped and watch the work being done at the Veteran's Field, I didn't observe any of those things happening. It would have been nice to have a web-cam set up during the entire process, just to compare notes to the videos posted on edgewater united website.

I understand the winning bid is $7.2 Million. After applying the $1.7 million grants already received, the bonding should be $5.5 Million. We shall see.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:59 AM

I believe there should be a remedial action workplan. Unfortunately, I don't have an example, but here's documents from another Daibes project, Octagon. http://www.07020.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5670

The DEP workplan is available on line at http://www.nj.gov/dep/srp/srra/forms...n_workplan.pdf.

Looks like no one in an official capacity is keeping on top of things.
PO Box 024
Trenton, NJ 08625
Old 09-26-2012, 07:54 AM

MHogan201 is on a distinguished road

What else is new!

Mary Hogan
Old 09-26-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaida D. View Post
I was recently in Cliffside Park and I notice two dump trucks being loaded at the Cliffside Park Town Center development site with landfill which was located under the old Cliffside Park DPW garage and storage yard. Later, as I started to travel back to Edgewater I noticed the same dump trucks ahead of me. They travelled soen to Veterans Field and dumped their loads.
I remember when the engineering and environmental consulting firms were having their dog and pony shows, they stated the following:

1. All fill would be certified clean fill.
2. While the contaminated soil is dug up, men with protective suits would be hosing down the equipment to prevent any airborne contaminents.
3. The workers at the site would be wearing masks for protection.
4. While the contaminated piles of dirt are waiting to be removed, there would be a protective tarp covering them to prevent the spread of contamination.

As I stopped and watch the work being done at the Veteran's Field, I didn't observe any of those things happening. It would have been nice to have a web-cam set up during the entire process, just to compare notes to the videos posted on edgewater united website.

I understand the winning bid is $7.2 Million. After applying the $1.7 million grants already received, the bonding should be $5.5 Million. We shall see.
How is this possible?

So the taxpayers of Edgewater are paying 7 -10 million to clean up Veterans Field, but in reality are actually paying to further contaminate the site with tainted fill from another Daibes constructed site? How convenient would that be for our local developer to have a local project to freely dump contaminated soil from another project.

Where is NJDEP and the EPA?
Old 09-27-2012, 01:16 PM

rivergazer is on a distinguished road

Daibes must be laughing it up at the stupidity of everyone in Edgewater. He probably dumped the original contaminated fill into Veteran's Park, which he is now being paid millions to "clean up" by dumping more questionable fill from one of his many projects.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:21 PM

Re: Le Jardin - NJ DEP violations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaida D. View Post
Can you believe that this local developer refuses to remove the illegal fill, refuses to pay the fine, the same developer was hired to remediate Veteran's Field
A/K/A the lowest responsible bidder.
PO Box 024
Trenton, NJ 08625