07020 Forums  

Go Back   07020 Forums > Of Interest > Restaurants, Bars, Hotels, Caterers, etc.

Restaurants, Bars, Hotels, Caterers, etc. Where and what to eat and drink. restaurants.07020.com

Old 08-27-2009, 01:43 PM

Mike is on a distinguished road
'Fusion focaccia' comes to Edgewater

From http://www.northjersey.com/food_dini.../54898647.html

Quote:
It's called "focaccia," but the thin, long stretch of crispy dough topped with fresh basil, mozzarella and tomato served at Capriccio, a new Edgewater café, is really more like pizza.
547 River Road
P 201-943-0600 F 201-943-0601
www.capricciofood.com
Office of the State Comptroller
PO Box 024
Trenton, NJ 08625
Att: Comptroller Tips
All communication will remain confidential!
Old 08-27-2009, 02:11 PM

jim is on a distinguished road
Re: 'Fusion focaccia' comes to Edgewater

Dang, and I just ate. I love focaccia, or anything Italian, or anything bread. Oh heck, I love most food.

I'll keep my money, my freedom and my guns. You can keep the "change."

Go, Christie, go!
Old 09-12-2009, 12:00 AM

Mike is on a distinguished road

There's a writeup of their brunch at http://blog.nj.com/artful_diner/2009...capriccio.html.
Office of the State Comptroller
PO Box 024
Trenton, NJ 08625
Att: Comptroller Tips
All communication will remain confidential!
Old 09-12-2009, 11:08 AM

KllrDave is on a distinguished road

Yeah, because that's exactly what this town needed, another Italian place.

Unbelievable.

Maybe one day someone will realize that a place to get a burger and some wings or a decent sandwich is what this town really needs, especially if they have a liquor license. A good sports bar or lounge would rake in the cash hand over fist (imagine if Rusty Kale's was actually a nice place with good food.)

It's like when I lived in Hoboken and every empty storefront eventually was turned into yet another dry cleaners or mobile phone store.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:21 AM

Paisan is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Re: 'Fusion focaccia' comes to Edgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by KllrDave View Post
Yeah, because that's exactly what this town needed, another Italian place.

Unbelievable.

Maybe one day someone will realize that a place to get a burger and some wings or a decent sandwich is what this town really needs, especially if they have a liquor license. A good sports bar or lounge would rake in the cash hand over fist (imagine if Rusty Kale's was actually a nice place with good food.)

It's like when I lived in Hoboken and every empty storefront eventually was turned into yet another dry cleaners or mobile phone store.

Why you have to down the Italians?

Last I checked America was a free country and people could open a business of their choosing. If people don't want another Italian food place, then it will fail and become a sandwich shop or sports bar.

Perhaps YOU should open one up? Give em some competition instead of hating on the Italians

-mike
Old 09-14-2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisan View Post
Why you have to down the Italians?

Last I checked America was a free country and people could open a business of their choosing. If people don't want another Italian food place, then it will fail and become a sandwich shop or sports bar.

Perhaps YOU should open one up? Give em some competition instead of hating on the Italians

-mike
Lighten up, Francesco. I was talking about Italian FOOD, not Italian PEOPLE.

I don't have anything against Italians...other than the loud shirts and gold chains. By the way, I'm pretty sure the owner is Korean, not Italian. Does that make you want to defend him less, Paisan?

All I'm saying is that the last thing this town needs is yet another Italian place to eat. We need some variety here. Sure, this guy is free to open whatever he wants. Hopefully (for him) this place will do better than the Yolato place he had a couple of years ago.

Oh yeah...believe me, if I had $750k for a liquor license (and probably a few thou$and more to grease the skids of the local politicians) I'd be all over opening up what would undoubtedly be a very successful sports bar or lounge in town.

As has been discussed in other threads here, Edgewater is rated as one of the top towns for singles, yet there is really no place for said singles to mingle after the local gyms and Whole Foods close for the evening. Something tells me there's more money to be made in such an endeavor than there is in competing with the 11 pizza and Italian places already in town.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:54 AM

kate is on a distinguished road

You both make good points. Everyone knows you can never have too much, Italian. And if Edgewater is ever going to truly thrive as the hot spot it's pretending to be right now, liquor licenses should be made less expensive and readily available so as to stimulate competition. Everyone does well when there's competition. And Dave, maybe you shouldn't diss the locals, you may need your neighbors someday and Edgewater has a grand history of helping one another regardless of palate.

"If you wait until you can do everything for everybody, instead of something for somebody, you end up doing nothing for nobody"
Old 09-14-2009, 09:59 AM

First I don't careif the owner is korean, chinese, arabic, italian etc!

I am just sick of people that feel they can down ethnic groups who likely will let things slide. For instance would anyone here say "that's all we need another BLACK/HISPANIC/JEWISH/etc. Resturant". Sorry but someone has to point out something that's just wrong.

As for singles in the area. I think most are older than the just out of college crowd you find in boken. They are more into classy resturants and are busy working their careers than hanging at a sports bar. Someone would have opened one already if there was a market.

Mike
Old 09-14-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
First I don't careif the owner is korean, chinese, arabic, italian etc!

I am just sick of people that feel they can down ethnic groups who likely will let things slide. For instance would anyone here say "that's all we need another BLACK/HISPANIC/JEWISH/etc. Resturant". Sorry but someone has to point out something that's just wrong.

As for singles in the area. I think most are older than the just out of college crowd you find in boken. They are more into classy resturants and are busy working their careers than hanging at a sports bar. Someone would have opened one already if there was a market.

Mike
OK, clearly I need to break this down to its lowest common denominator for you to understand.

I was not denigrating any ethnic groups. Stating that we don't need another Italian restaurant has nothing to do with putting down Italians. Maybe you're one of those over-sensitive people who got their panties in a twist over the way the Sopranos depicted Italian Americans. If so, please take a Valium and chill out.

If they had opened up another dry cleaners and I had said that the last thing this town needs is another dry cleaners that does not mean I am putting down the dry cleaning community.

As for your assertion that the singles in the area are not the just-out-of-college crown, I couldn't agree more. That's why the singles in this town would jump at the chance to have a place to go that's a bit more upscale than Rusty Kale's.

Additionally, as someone who isn't single in Edgewater, I'd like it if there were more variety when it comes to dining options. As I stated earlier, there are a dozen Italian/pizza places in Edgewater. Edgewater is only 2.4 sq mi. That's one Italian/pizza place for every 0.2 sq mi.

Last edited by KllrDave; 09-14-2009 at 11:01 AM..
Old 09-14-2009, 11:29 AM

All I'm saying is if this comment was about some other kind of ethnic food the comment wouldn't have been made.

-Mike
Old 09-14-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
All I'm saying is if this comment was about some other kind of ethnic food the comment wouldn't have been made.

-Mike
All I'm saying is that tin foil hat really brings out the crazy in your eyes.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:21 PM

???

Quote:
Lighten up, Francesco. I was talking about Italian FOOD, not Italian PEOPLE.

I don't have anything against Italians...other than the loud shirts and gold chains. ...........

Go, Christie, go!
Old 09-15-2009, 04:23 PM

I take it you never looked at 07020's restaurant guide.

Quote:
...We need some variety here. .........

Go, Christie, go!
Old 09-16-2009, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
???
Hey, if I'm going to be called a bigot by someone with a delusional persecution complex, then I'm going to have some fun with it.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:03 PM

Dani-X is on a distinguished road

I'd kill to have a REAL sports bar in Edgewater... would no longer feel the need to trek all the way up to White Plains when the Jets aren't playing at home.

And by the way, looks like a new pizza joint is opening up in the old Edgewater Wine and Spirits location