07020 Forums  

Go Back   07020 Forums > Politics > Local Politics

Local Politics Keep it civil, please.

Old 12-16-2014, 06:28 AM

kate is on a distinguished road
Our Mayor Resigned Last Night

The incumbents in Edgewater who managed to squeak out an election by less than 1.1% want to focus on restoring faith among residents who have been waiting almost four years for a park remediation. This seems to be cliché political rhetoric from Councilmen who hung on by a thread. Cory Booker won by a margin of 13% statewide and in Edgewater he managed to garner more than four-hundred votes than the local candidates, so for all intents and purposes the local Dems should have won by a landslide.

But they didn't

Only weeks before the election many of the hundreds of voters who came out to support the Independent candidates in Edgewater, were dismissed at a Council Meeting by recently re-elected, Councilman Henwood, regarding the issue of the re-polluting of Veteran’s Park stating that he didn’t have to listen to their “mumbo-jumbo”, Councilman Vidal told one member of the public to shut up and sit down. Heck, they've even been going around town telling people they were in charge, not the Mayor. I guess that's why he finally made if official last night.

Suddenly after they secured the election, as stated in an article in the Record, Hoping for a Return of trust in Edgewater printed on 11/6/14, they’ve found religion.

Apparently not.

Like children who get their way after bad behavior, these two Council members have gone back to business as usual.

Business as usual includes a “protected” voting district in public-private housing where the Independent candidates are kept out of to campaign, where dead dog democrat loyalists run the halls on Election Day dragging people out to vote. It also includes suggesting that people will lose their housing benefits or even their town job if they don’t support the Democrats or maybe one of their henchmen busting through your front door demanding you put their political signs on your front lawn and people who live out of town but work in Edgewater voting here. How do I know this? Some info comes from first-hand experience, but mostly from talking to people in town and their first hand experience. I also witnessed the genuflection that went on during Election Day. People who think they're "on the team" letting the Dems know they voted for them. Listen up people, they're jackals, they'd eat their mothers and swear on their children, if it got them want they wanted. You are not them, they would/did turn on each other to get what they want. Hence, the Mayor's resignation.

This is how they won folks and now the Mayor has resigned and as they weren't shy about spreading all over town "they're in charge now". So Veteran's Park WILL NOT be cleaned to the highest standards, they will put toxic and dangerous turf on a field where children play and they will be strong arming HESS into "developing" Edgewater their way (just like they did with iPark, they know what that means), they have no regard for our health and safety, there is NO infrastructure to support the over development and if you think this is going to make your property more valuable think again. This way of doing business has all the earmarks of a ghetto.

Last night "the boys" demanded a retraction from the Record regarding the Record’s article on how Edgewater WILL NOT be cleaning the Veteran's Park to the highest standards as promised before and during the election but the Record is standing by its story.

So I guess that's why the Mayor left. Not so easy for the rest of us left holding the bag.

Remember people when the Mayor was first elected; he was their "breath of fresh air", but these are guys who make back door deals in cigar smoke filled rooms that do nothing to benefit the public only themselves and their contributors. The only thing we can hope for is they all choke on that smoke, because they refused the fresh air.

"If you wait until you can do everything for everybody, instead of something for somebody, you end up doing nothing for nobody"

Last edited by kate; 12-16-2014 at 06:43 AM..
Old 12-16-2014, 02:06 PM

Valory Bardinas is on a distinguished road
Re: Our Mayor Resigned Last Night

Well, according to a "capo" in the legion of Fred/Bryan, Fred Daibes claimed that Bryan Christiansen was the mayor and "always will be the mayor." It is my believe that this will not change with Mike Henwood as mayor. He along with the majority of councilmen will just be figure heads (puppets) for Daibes/Christiansen. And as long as this is continues, the tax payers of Edgewater will continue to be a private ATM for these guys.

Edgewater deserves better.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:07 AM

Mike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valory Bardinas View Post
Edgewater deserves better.
As an acquaintance noted, Edgewater gets what it deserves.

Too bad Delaney couldn't have handed in a more detailed resignation. I was forwarded an email
Quote:
Originally Posted by email
Rumor is he was tired of playing Diabes' patsy. I guess the hush money wasn't good enough.
Right.
Office of the State Comptroller
PO Box 024
Trenton, NJ 08625
Att: Comptroller Tips
All communication will remain confidential!
Old 12-17-2014, 05:05 PM

dwk is on a distinguished road

Former Mayor Delaney is selling his home at 1220 River Rd. to a developer for approx. $1.4 to $1.5 million. Thanks to over development and a subdivision and variances granted by the planning board. Paid $550,000 for property a few years ago. Nice profit.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:34 AM

MHogan201 is on a distinguished road

I think you may have the wrong property. The property that got the subdivision was just north of the Mayor's owned by Michael McPartland. They subdivided the property to allow 2-2 family homes.

You know the house. It was the one that had the democrats sign posted on the side of the building. Couldn't miss it. I just figured it was a "thank you" for the approvals.

Mary Hogan
Old 12-19-2014, 06:18 PM

dwk is on a distinguished road

Mary at the Nov.24 2014 planning board meeting the application for subdivision and seven variances for Mayor Delaney's property was heard. (including height variances0

dwk
Old 12-19-2014, 09:14 PM

Mike is on a distinguished road

Agenda http://www.07020.com/forums/showthre...9399#post49399

Tax record http://tax1.co.monmouth.nj.us/cgi-bi...0018_________M
Office of the State Comptroller
PO Box 024
Trenton, NJ 08625
Att: Comptroller Tips
All communication will remain confidential!
Old 12-20-2014, 04:03 PM

Dani-X is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
As an acquaintance noted, Edgewater gets what it deserves.

Too bad Delaney couldn't have handed in a more detailed resignation. I was forwarded an email

Right.
That's not the only word on the street... it's been said the Mrs. was the one who wanted him out of the scene/game/gang
Old 01-24-2015, 09:19 AM

mary1973 is on a distinguished road

Since I am out of the loop of Edgewater politics, I was wondering if you could explain how Michael McPartland became mayor. I was surprised especially since I thought he had moved out of Edgewater. Was he a councilman who the other council members elected to fill out the term? Was someone then appointed in his place?

Thanks.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:03 PM

Valory Bardinas is on a distinguished road

Hi Mary,
Hope everything is well with you.
Mike was not a counciman, in fact, I have only seen him at 1 council meeting.
He has served on the planning board. Frankly, I feel it really doesn't matter who sits in that seat, Bryan Christistian is still running the show.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:09 PM

mary1973 is on a distinguished road

Thanks, Valory, wasn't sure what the protocol was. Very interesting.